With parent consent is it still illegal for a 18 year old to have sex with a 14 year old?

Asked about 1 year ago - Steubenville, OH

I know someone who is going through a problem with a 18 year old having sex with a 14 year old and they both do not want to believe that it is illegal for them to have sex because her parents agree to it.

1. Andrew A Esposito

Answered . A criminal law specialist can chime in, but I am unaware of any exception that permits a parent to allow their child to be a victim of statutory rape. In fact, I believe that the parents may open themselves up to criminal charges for contributing to the crime.

2. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

Answered . Yes it is illegal. The 18 year old is facing very serious criminal charges that could carry lifetime penalties.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com