With an expired H1B and with recent tourist visa.

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

i have an expired h1b last 2010. i was not able to use it coz my employer told me that there is no available work at that time. i'm here on the states using a tourist visa which will expire 3 months from now. can i transfer my expired h1b to another employer. i don't have any paystubs since i was not able to use the H1b.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

20

Best Answer

Answered . You can apply to change your status to H-1B. You are not subject to the cap since you were previously in the U.S. in H-1B status in 2010.

2. Eugene J. Glicksman

7

Answered . Iconcur with my colleagues Mr. Shusterman and Mr. Schmidt.

3. Christian Schmidt

8

Answered . For you to chance your status, a new employer must file another H-1B visa petition on your behalf. The petition can be filed any time because it would not be subject to the annual cap after a prior petition was approved for you within the last 6 years.