With a restricted license can you drive commercial trucks?

San Francisco, CA |

Even though the license is restricted to and from work does that also include if my job is a driver? Am I still able to drive around for work under my restricted license?

1. No and if you are a commercial driver you need an attorney to deal with your DUI or else you may be without a job.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

2. No. A different set of rules apply to Truck Drivers with a commercial license.

3. If you have a restricted license you are entitled to drive to and from your DUI program, to and from your work and during your course of employment, meaning you can drive during your work. What the previous answers are explaining is that you cannot get a restricted license if you have a commercial license and if you are driving commercial vehicles you should have a commercial license to operate them. If you have a commercial license then the consequences of a DUI conviction are far worse than a "regular" DUI and you have even more reasons to hire a lawyer to help.

4. If you are convicted of a DUI, you can not get a restricted license for purposes of driving a commercial vehicle (ie. that requires a Class A license). Further, if you are convicted of a first DUI, you can not drive a commercial vehicle for a year. You need to talk to a DUI attorney in San Francisco if you have not done so already. I would be happy to refer you to a few top attorneys in that area if you need some direction. Or do a search on this website for DUI attorneys in your area.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.

Traffic tickets topics