With a husband who has a cdv charge use adultery against his wife?

Inman, SC |
Filed under: Domestic violence

I have a friend that het husband has cdv charges she found someone that treats her better anf dont hit her or anything like he did can she be faulted for adultery in the state of sc

It is still adultery but how it can be used depends. Adultery would give husband grounds for divorce and prevent alimony, of course the CDV may be significant enough to give her grounds for divorce based on physical cruelty. I would recommend having her consult a local family law attorney to advise on options, consequences of adultery, and what she would like to do. Good luck.

This response is for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in this response should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. The Attorney answering this question is licensed in South Carolina and will only answers questions pertaining to South Carolina law and will not undertake the practice of law in states in which he is not licensed. Please be aware that this site is not secure and any information provided could be intercepted by third parties. You should not use this site for the transmission of confidential or sensitive information. You should seek the advice of a qualified attorney in your jurisdiction and should not rely on the information contained in this answer or elsewhere in this site without consulting a qualified attorney.

I agree. She should consult an attorney. If she isn't after alimony and there isn't much in marital property for division, then her adultery likely won't affect her position that much. However, that being said, she should consult an attorney before disclosing any more information.