With a general release from a real estate transaction between siblings. Do I have release my siblings attorney as well.

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

Do I need to also release my siblings attorney from any and all claims against them . As I have agreed to settle with my sibling on a dollar amount. He claims he will not release the money if I would just want to sign between me and my sibling. The attorneys claim is that all parties would need to be released regarding this transaction because he is the attorney releasing the funds. So he would not be liable for any litigation arising solely out of the holding out of the disbursement of the escrow funds of this real estate sale. Against him as well.

Do I need to make a new release if we have agreed upon the dollar amount set forth that he asked from me 2 weeks ago for a general release with no terms. When I presented it to him he then told me he would not release it without his and my siblings terms to be met. Can I make a demand for my proceeds to be released imediately.

1. Michael T Millar

Pro

1

1

Answered . Do you have any claims against the attorney in his role as escrow agent?

If not, then you are not giving anything up by signing the release.

If you do have a claim against the attorney, then don't sign the release.