Wisconsin Traffic Court: Speeding. I want to know how to plead. Guilty, Not Guilty, or No Contest?

Columbus, WI |

My son went to court today. First Offense. pleaded guilty on 15 mph over. accepted traffic school. after completion in March, 2013 he will not have to pay fine and not loose 6 points. BUT before he goes to class, he goes to court January 7th again for another speeding ticket of 37 mph over. After today, we think 25+ over gets you a suspended license. Should he then plead Not Guilty and hope the DA will cut a deal so he don't get it suspended?

1. Without knowing your son's age, the specifics of the new charge (on a controlled access highway, or a two-lane) his license type, and his driving record, it is difficult to say what might be accomplished. Even without the mandatory suspension he could be in point suspension territory.

He should plead not guilty, demand a jury, and consult a traffic lawyer.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.