Wisconsin Question on being at a party but not drinking.

Asked over 1 year ago - Whitewater, WI

So Been thinking, been invited to drinking party's but been turning them down for one no money/ plus 2 months till my 21st birthday. Could i go to party's and not drink and have fun? Without getting no tickets or any trouble?

1. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

4

Answered . Could you? Yes. You could rob a bank without getting caught, too.

In my experience, anyone at a drinking party gets a ticket if it is busted. That doesn't mean they can't beat the ticket, but waiting 2 months seems like a better option.

Walworth County is not a place you want to go to court if you can avoid it.

2. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

3

Best Answer

Answered . Only a fool would promise you no problems due to alcohol abstinence. There are so many other possible charges and theories. Suggest that you avoid such events. Lots to llose.

3. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

2

Answered . Amazingly you've waited this long before drinking, wait another two months to be extra cautious. You have the whole rest of your life to drink. Wait till your 21st birthday and drink (surely you'll have plenty of willing designated drivers on your birthday). Good luck.

4. George A. Limbeck

Answered . Short answer is Yes. Simply being at a party is not a crime especially if you do not drink. Keep in mind that if the party gets out of hand to the extent the police are called, the police might be skeptical of your claim that you have abstained. If this scenario develops, i.e. you are accused of drinking by the police and in fact have not, insist on the police giving you a PBT (preliminary breath test). When police have not caught someone "red handed", i.e. in the act or otherwise obviously drunk, and the police refuse the request of person for a PBT, most of the judges I practice in front of will dismiss the citation.

With that said, I agree with the other attorneys, this close to being legal, WHY COURT DISASTER?!