Will you get an extra charge if you are on parole and leave a treatment center.

Pueblo, CO |

My friend left a treatment center while he was on parole and never reported back to his parole officer. Now he has been arrested and I am wondering what the consequences are going to be for what he did.

Yes. Both a parole revocation and probably an escape charge.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

2. There will likely be a parole revocation hearing where he and the parole officer will have an opportunity to present evidence regarding the alleged parole violation.

DISCLAIMER: This above communication is for general informational purposes only. It does NOT constitute legal advice and SHOULD NOT be used or relied upon as such. Moreover, the above communication does not create an attorney-client relationship between Boal Law Firm and/or Attorney Brian Boal and any other person or entity. Legal representation by Boal Law Firm and/or Attorney Brian Boal is available but shall be set forth specifically in a separate written fee agreement signed by the parties.

3. Your friend could be looking at an escape charge and a parole violation. Escape convictions usually run cosecutive (on top of or in addition to) any sentence he is already serving. So, he may be facing serving his original sentence in DOC and an addition sentence for the escape. He needs an attorney