Will you be extradited for a felony DUI?

Asked over 3 years ago - Little Rock, AR

My friend is on her way back from a trip and she has a felony warrant out for her arrest. When she arrives at the airport(chicago,nyc and so on) will the state of arkansas extradite her? If not, does this mean that the charges against her will be dropped? I understand the warrant never goes away until you get it sorted. However, they will then also know that she fled the state so will she get another charge?

1. Answered . That are many factors that go into the analysis to answer your question but the short answer is that they can arrest her and hold her until she is brought back to Arkansas. That does not mean that they will, but they can. She should call our office for more complete answers.

2. Answered . Short answer : Yes, and Yes (Yes, she will be extradited and yes she could be charged with fleeing the Jurisdiction and/or failure to appear in court). Longer answer: nobody knows for sure if or When this will happen. As you said, this warrant will continue to haunt her for the rest of her life until she gets it cleared up. She needs to get an experienced criminal defense atty. on her aside, from the area where she was charged, ASAP.