Will we most likely get same mediator we had in last RFO two years ago?

Murrieta, CA |

The same mediator is there ... And in this RFO I will be referring to last mediators report which ruled in my favor and we are facing similar issues.

Nobody knows. :)

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

You can contact the mediation center and ask, they may tell you. In any event, be prepared to not rely on the prior report in case it is not available. R

I have a copy of the report...that helps right.

Faith Marie Lucchesi

Faith Marie Lucchesi

I don't want to speak for your meadiation center, but mediation is a voluntary process where the mediator only acts and an independent facilitator. Because you are returning to mediation, I am assuming circumstances have changed so I'm not sure what relevance the report has to the current situation. Be ready to state your position when you arrive and be open minded and participatory in the process. The result should be a voluntary agreement. Good luck.

Not in our court when you file an RFO mediation is mandatory

Faith Marie Lucchesi

Faith Marie Lucchesi

Participation may be mandatory, is it mandatory to come to an agreement? I should have been more clear, but I was only referring to the agreement being voluntary, at least as far as traditional mediation is concerned.

Oh that is ok ....oh my ex will never come to an agreement but the mediator will make his recommendation and our judge usually goes with the mediators recomendation. My ex has told me he will always take his chances with the judge so I am going in showing that I am willing to negotiate but father will do his normal roadblocking and I will just state my position and why and why I think its best for the child and I will state what I am willing to negotiate with.....I hope to get same mediator because he was thourough the last time father made accusations on school and the mediator called school to get reports to verify....he made a fair reccomendation. He was tough but saw through the games my ex plays.

I prefer and I know I have no choice but I prefer to work with someone who knows our case and history

Thank you for your time though I guess I wont know until the time comes:)