Will USCIS deny an adjustment of status application if the applicant lost his original I-94 Card?

Asked 10 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

The Passport, with the stamp proving the legal entry, is available to be presented at the time of the interview and all other documents requested are ready. While the original I-94 card has been lost, there's a copy of the I-94 card available. Will USCIS deny the application just because the original I-94 card has been lost?

Thanks!

1. Lindsey Sara Weller

6

Best Answer

Answered . No, you can file an I-102 to replace a lost I-94 card.

Also depending on the time of entry--may be able to access it online as I-94 recently went computerized.

2. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

6

Answered . No. You can always file an application for a replacement, if it is an issue. Relax. You should be fine.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  3. Stephen D. Berman

6

Answered . No. But you can file form I-102 to get a replacement I-94. In addition, there are differences at the various district offices how they handle missing I-94's. Some offices will accept a passport stamp as sufficient proof of authorized admission.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

5

Answered . Not necessarily, however the USCIS routinely requests the I-94. You may request the replacement of the originally issued I-94 by filing a I-102 with an appropriate fee, if the USCIS requests to produce it. That request could delay adjustment for another three months until I-102 generates another I-94.

5. Jennifer Sheethel Varughese

Pro

5

Answered . Perhaps. Filing Form I-102 is your best option.

6. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . I agree. You should be fine.