Skip to main content

Will USCIS deny an adjustment of status application if the applicant lost his original I-94 Card?

Jacksonville, FL |

The Passport, with the stamp proving the legal entry, is available to be presented at the time of the interview and all other documents requested are ready. While the original I-94 card has been lost, there's a copy of the I-94 card available. Will USCIS deny the application just because the original I-94 card has been lost?


Attorney Answers 6

  1. Best answer

    No, you can file an I-102 to replace a lost I-94 card.

    Also depending on the time of entry--may be able to access it online as I-94 recently went computerized.

    Ms. Weller's firm is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

  2. No. You can always file an application for a replacement, if it is an issue. Relax. You should be fine.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

  3. Not necessarily, however the USCIS routinely requests the I-94. You may request the replacement of the originally issued I-94 by filing a I-102 with an appropriate fee, if the USCIS requests to produce it. That request could delay adjustment for another three months until I-102 generates another I-94.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

  4. No. But you can file form I-102 to get a replacement I-94. In addition, there are differences at the various district offices how they handle missing I-94's. Some offices will accept a passport stamp as sufficient proof of authorized admission.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  5. Perhaps. Filing Form I-102 is your best option.

    Disclaimer: This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  6. I agree. You should be fine.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics