Will this show up on my background check?

Appleton, WI |

I went to court for a crime of sexual assult (felony) and ended up being put on probation for 2 years. When i complete my probation, everything will be espunged (removed from my record). I have a background check soon for a school and they said that if you have a felony, you wont be accepted. The court case is still open. Will these still appear on my background check?

Probably. Why not check CCAP and see what it says about your case? You can do that here: http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl

It sounds like you won't have a felony conviction, but I'll defer to and agree with my colleague.

Based upon the way the Director of State Courts interprets the expungement statute, yes, it will probably still show up. While you are on probation, the conviction stands. Once expunged, it will still probably show up, so the more appropriate question is whether the expunction of the conviction will satisfy the school.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.