WILL THIS SHOW UP IN BACKGROUND CHECK?

Asked over 1 year ago - Huntington Station, NY

2 years ago I was caught shoplifting a small amount of items in Stop and Shop. I was pulled into the back room and they called someone to look up my name and asked if i'd ever done this before in a Walmart or Stop and Shop etc, the answer was no. They let me go after giving them everything back, without having to pay a fine, and without calling the cops. I never ever stole again but I am now worried that this will come up on a background check. the background check for the job I just got said they'll check my references about my work habits etc and also checking if I have any felony or misdemeanor convictions. I don't know if anything else is included. Will this show up?? im so scared.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

1

Answered . If you were not arrested then this will not show up on a background search.

2. Vincent Peter White

1

Answered . No, this will not show up in a background check.

3. Richard Javon Washington

Answered . Assuming you weren't arrested, you should be fine.