Will this Auto accident case go to court? I live in MA

Chicopee, MA |

I was in a car accident where the other girl ran the red light and totaled my van. Two witnesses stopped and gave statements that the other girl ran a red light, so the cop cited her off of that. Now the other girls insurance is saying the witnesses changed their story and that I ran the red light. I did not run the red light and my insurance has not heard of this statement change from the witnesses and the police report has not changed. I stopped at the light, then proceeded when it turned green and she came out of nowhere. Do insurance companies really lie like this? I will be getting a lawyer, but will we take this to court? It seems like it would be easier to have the 2 witnesses, the cop and the other party all in one room rather than talking through the phone.

The police report states that two witnesses gave statements to the cop saying I had the right away and she ran the red light. I also have a personal injury claim and so do the other two people I had in the vehicle with me. I suffered burns and bruises on my legs, and my spine is messed up. How long do these cases usually take? Can I tell my lawwer I just would rather take this to court?

Your insurer is the go to place. Stop dealing with the others'
insurer. Ask to see the statements that were the original and those
that were changed. Insurer like anyone else make mistakes, err or

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

(978) 749-3606

I usually check email every few hours during the day.

(by appointment only)

(1) e-mail communication is not a secure communication method; (2)
any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various
computers as it goes from sender to recipient; (3) emails may be
intercept by persons improperly accessing your computer or my
computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us through
which the e-mail passes. I am e-mailing because you have agreed.
If you change your mind and want future communication to be sent in
a different mode, please advise me at once.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error. Any
review, dissemination distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

That's horrible. It does happen. It's obviously not right. You need an aggressive personal injury attorney who has gone down this path before to push the case on your behalf. The more you call the other insurance company yourself the more they see that they can blow as much smoke as they want. Two answers:

(1) The intellectual approach: Don't take it from me, go to the book store or web book seller, get the book "Delay, Deny and Defend" and read it. This will explain what is happening to you.

(2) The active approach for expediting your case: Check out this article:

Your personal injury attorney should answer all of your questions regarding your bodily injury claim.

If the police report documents statements made by witnesses that help your case, I doubt very much these witnesses will later give a completely different statement, especially under penalty of perjury. It's possible that the other driver claimed to have the green light to his/her insurance company and they are advancing that position even though not supported by the available evidence. With regard to their claim against you, your insurance company will hire an attorney to defend you against these claims.

Your car insurance company will handle this for you. I assume that you reported this to your insurer and gave your insurer your statement. Based on your description of the accident, I believe that your insurer will deny any claim brought by the other driver. If the other driver files a lawsuit, your insurer will provide you with a lawyer paid by the insurer. Don't talk to the other driver's insurance company. Cooperate with your insurance company and let them handle it.

Information provided above is intended for general information only. The information presented above should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes