Will this affect getting my permit ? Will it stay on my record ? Can I pay it off with community service ?

Asked 9 months ago - Houston, TX

I crashed yesterday while switching lanes. I was on the far right lane trying to get to the left one to do a u-turn. I switched one by one and when I got to the last one I assumed the car behind me was going to slow down to let me in. I was wrong he ended up hitting my bumper and damaging it. He says he thought i was gonna let him pass before getting in. He decided to get the cops involved. I now have court for driving without a permit/license & unsafe lane change.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Gary Churak


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact an attorney experienced in handling traffic citations. If you are convicted fro driving without a license you could be looking at a long suspension of your drivers license

  2. Cynthia Russell Henley

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You definitely need to hire a traffic lawyer. They know their way around the traffic codes and can often figure out ways to help keep / get your license.

  3. Kathryn Mary Holton

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . May very well. Have your Attorney look into this.

    Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way... more
  4. Jared Seth Robinson


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should definitely hire a traffic law attorney. It will be be worth his/her fees in order to save your driver's license.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now