Will this affect getting my permit ? Will it stay on my record ? Can I pay it off with community service ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I crashed yesterday while switching lanes. I was on the far right lane trying to get to the left one to do a u-turn. I switched one by one and when I got to the last one I assumed the car behind me was going to slow down to let me in. I was wrong he ended up hitting my bumper and damaging it. He says he thought i was gonna let him pass before getting in. He decided to get the cops involved. I now have court for driving without a permit/license & unsafe lane change.

1. Gary Churak

Pro

3

Answered . Contact an attorney experienced in handling traffic citations. If you are convicted fro driving without a license you could be looking at a long suspension of your drivers license

2. Cynthia Russell Henley

3

Answered . You definitely need to hire a traffic lawyer. They know their way around the traffic codes and can often figure out ways to help keep / get your license.

3. Kathryn Mary Holton

2

Answered . May very well. Have your Attorney look into this.

4. Jared Seth Robinson

Pro

1

Answered . You should definitely hire a traffic law attorney. It will be be worth his/her fees in order to save your driver's license.