Will they deny my resident alien card renewal if I'm on SSI?

Turlock, CA |

I have a disability that has prevented me working for a few years. I'm currently scheduled for a total ankle replacement and a hip replacement.
I am not going to be working for a while and am receiving SSI.
Will this prevent me from being able to renew my resident alien card?

Have you considered filing for US Citizenship .. it's almost the same price.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

No.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

No.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

No.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Recommended articles about Immigration