Skip to main content

Will they change back due support owed to me?

Manchester, MO |

I have full custody of my 2 children and have for 2 years. My ex-wife owes $10,000+ in past due child support. She seems to think that because she has been going to school full time (and living with her parents for that matter) she doesn't have to work. She is convinced a judge will forgive the past due support. A judge cannot seriously allow a mother to not work, right? Thank you!

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Most likely no parent can just not work indefinitely although it dpends on the facts and the case history in each case. As to your ex-wife's agreement to forigve child support arrears, if it's a private case then yes that's possible. I would suggest thaty ou or your lwayer prepare a written stipulation and order, have both parties sign it, have the judge sign it, and file it with the court.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics