Will there be a warrant issued for my arrest if i missed a court date for a petition to revive a judgement in Illinois?

Asked over 2 years ago - Monticello, IL

The judgement is on a credit card debt from about 7 to 8 years ago.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Elisabeth A. Mohr

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Bench warrants are issued by the civil court for failure to appear in court because the failure to appear in court is considered contempt of court. The court will only issue the bench warrant if you were required to be there, such as with a subpoena.

  2. Mitchell Paul Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Most likely the court date was to renew the judgment. Usually, once a judgment expires, it cannot be revived.

    Missing a civil court date leads to defaults, but not jail UNLESS it is for a support hearing or subject to a subpoena to appear.

    Mr. Goldstein is a Virginia-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,253 answers this week

3,087 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,253 answers this week

3,087 attorneys answering