Will there be a second dmv hearing if I was found guilty in trial but not in the first dmv hearing ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Durango, CO

I had a dmv hearing prior to my criminal trial in which the officer never showed up so they let me reinstate my license . Then I went to trial and was found guilty of dwai . Will there be another dmv hearing because of the verdict of the trial ?

1. Rhidian David Watson Orr

11

Answered . No. The conviction will be reported to the DMV and if the DWAI conviction along with any other conviction for traffic offenses or infractions causes you to exceed the allotted number of points then you will face a suspension of your driving privileges for excessive points.

Also, if you have a prior criminal conviction for DUI or DWAI within 5 years of this offense, then you will lose your license for one year. But if neither of these two scenarios apply to you, then you will not lose your license. Either way, there is not another hearing.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

9

Answered . No. For the reasons that Mr. Orr expertly laid out in his answer.

3. Laurie Ann Schmidt

Pro

9

Answered . I would agree with Mr. Orr's response. I would just add that if your license would be suspended due to points, you would be entitled to a hearing.

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

8

Answered . Thre will be no second hearing.