Will the USCIS know where I worked at in the past? What are the penalties for not writing everything in the biographic form?

Gretna, LA |

Upon arrival in the US, I worked for less than 20 days for a different employer who was not my H1b visa sponsor. However it was against my own will. The recruiter assigned me temporarily to work over there for a moment. My 1st employer used my social security number and filed taxes. Will USCIS know about it? I went working to my visa sponsor after 20 days.

Perhaps they will know. Don't lie ... tell the truth on all forms.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Please tell the truth on your application.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You have the obligation to be truthful in all the Forms you fill out to a government agency. In the US the penalty for the cover up is much, much more severe than the insignificant misdeed. Don't fall into that trap.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Tax law topics