Will the traffic violation appear as an arrest at the jail or just remain as a fine at jp court after the DWI EXPUNGED?

Asked over 1 year ago - Beaumont, TX

This is for an arrest of DWI and a Faulty Brake/Equipment (traffic violation). If the DWI is dismissed from a county court and the traffic violation is paid (convicted) at the jp court, THEN the DWI is expunged will the traffic violation show an arrest (at the jail) or just the paid fine (at the court)?
Im thinking the arrest was for the DWI, not for a simple traffic violation so after expungement of the DWI I want to know if the traffic violation is considered just a ticket at the court or is considered a freestanding arrest (even though its just a traffic ticket)

thanks

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

8

Answered . I think you are misunderstanding the way criminal records read. As I stated before, if you took a conviction on the ticket it will show on your record that you have been convicted of that violation. Typically the record will not specify that you were arrested. However, because you were arrested, it is certainly possible.

2. David Daniel White

Pro

6

1

Answered . If the DWI arrest was expunged correctly, I would expect your arrest record to be clean, however the Class C ticket would still appear as a citation issued.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
    1205 Rio Grande St.
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 369-3737

3. Kenneth W. Mullen

3

Answered . The traffic violation would show up on the driving record, as a fine was paid instead of a deferment fee or special assessment which would indicate that the traffic violation was deferred and subject to the same expunction as the DWI arrest after dismissal.

4. Jonathan Neal Portner

Pro

3

1

Answered . If you are charged with DUI you should immediately consult with an attorney. Our Top Maryland and Top Virginia DUI attorneys require you to bring all paperwork at the intial meeting. The best DUI lawyers in Maryland and Virginia handle the underlying tickets and the DUI. If you plead guilty to the other traffic citation or paid that fine it will not be expunged.