Will the same immigration officer interview me in the I-485 interview? How long is the interview?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pompano Beach, FL

My husband and I previously went to an I-130 interview. Will we get interviewed by the same uscis officer?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Kristina A. Gasson

4

Answered . Probably not, but there is always the chance it could be the same person. Usually an officer who is on duty at the time of your interview will conduct it.

3. Kara Lien Roberts

2

Answered . It would be very odd to have the same officer conduct the second interview. If you feel there was some sort of bias and end up with the same officer, you can request that your interview be continued and ask the supervisor (Field Office Director) to ensure you have a different officer to interview you because of your concerns; they have the discretion to grant such a request, but it is incredibly unlikely that you will have the same officer.

Generally, ~30 is allotted for any interview (each local office sets the amount of time they provide for specific types of interviews and 30 min is the general average); this is the average "goal," so some will take longer and others will be very quick. Depending on the complexity of your case, it could take much longer or much less.

4. Alice Antonovsky

3

Answered . Most likely it will be a different officer, but you never know. In smaller field offices, there is more of a chance you will get same officer. However, in larger field offices, it is unlikely. Regardless, Good Luck at the interview.