Will the reform help in any way anybody who is married to a US citizen but has been deported?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fallbrook, CA

My husband had his US consulate visa interview last year but was not able to get a visa. Now we are waiting basically 10 years to try and reapply even though they claimed he was in a gang criminal organization (which is not true) which I believe is a lifetime ban. Will the reform help him out in anyway me being his wife a US citizen and two girls both US citizens?

1. Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

3

Answered . As of this date no one can predict with certainty as to what will be included in the comprehensive immigration reform bill. Your guess is as good as mine. Regardless, I would recommend consulting an immigration lawyer to at least get an opinion on your husband's case.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . The specifics of the reform are unknown at this time since no law has been passed yet. We will not know if it will help your husband until after passage.

3. Lalita Haran

3

Answered . We have to wait and see what terms become final. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN, 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. However, while no one knows the specifics of the upcoming rules, it doesn't seem likely that the guidelines would provide a path for one with "a lifetime ban". Do discuss the specifics of your case with an experienced immigration attorney.

5. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . We cannot know yet if reform will help your husband. However, the process to bring him back will require the help of an attorney and proving that he was not involved with any gang.