Will the reform help in any way anybody who is married to a US citizen but has been deported?

Fallbrook, CA |

My husband had his US consulate visa interview last year but was not able to get a visa. Now we are waiting basically 10 years to try and reapply even though they claimed he was in a gang criminal organization (which is not true) which I believe is a lifetime ban. Will the reform help him out in anyway me being his wife a US citizen and two girls both US citizens?

1. As of this date no one can predict with certainty as to what will be included in the comprehensive immigration reform bill. Your guess is as good as mine. Regardless, I would recommend consulting an immigration lawyer to at least get an opinion on your husband's case.

2. We cannot know yet if reform will help your husband. However, the process to bring him back will require the help of an attorney and proving that he was not involved with any gang.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. We have to wait and see what terms become final. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN, 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com

4. The specifics of the reform are unknown at this time since no law has been passed yet. We will not know if it will help your husband until after passage.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

5. I agree with my colleagues. However, while no one knows the specifics of the upcoming rules, it doesn't seem likely that the guidelines would provide a path for one with "a lifetime ban". Do discuss the specifics of your case with an experienced immigration attorney.