Will the new California State Prison law reduce time for prisoners 85% to 65% ?

A person is convicted for Attempted murder for 29 years in Ca State prison at 85%. He's in level 1 in the prison system. What percentage of time he'll have to do with the new changes? He was convicted in 2010 what year will he be released

1. There are no new changes. This is an urban legend and IT IS NOT TRUE. No matter how many times we post this, it never goes away.

The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.

2. This is a state California case not a federal crime case.

Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney before acting. Law Offices of Raymond G. Wigell, Ltd. Defenders of the Constitution since 1975/ Aggressive Creative Defense Strategies/ Website: www.waaltd.com 24/7 call (708) 481-4800 text (708)218-0923

3. I have heard this every year for many years, but it is never true. I believe it's an April fools joke that gets a good head of steam in the early summer. It will die down and resurface again next year sometime after April fools day.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.