Will the judge take saving money amount into the calculation of child support amount in California?

Harbor City, CA -

Michael Charles Schwerin

Michael Charles Schwerin

Child Support Lawyer - San Jose, CA

If you are asking, will the judge consider your savings account or your saved assets, then the answer is no unless your savings is huge (like you won the lottery) and your interest income is a large amount (interest income in most cases is irrelevant). Child support, for the most part, is calculated strictly off of income levels.

Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

Tax Lawyer - Long Beach, CA

I don't know whose money was saved, but in California they use the Disso Master software; plug in the numbers and get the result. Most of the time, and unless something is extraordinarily anomalous, the Judge takes the computed number.

I don't fully understand the import of "saving" and by whom.

Related Advice