Will the history of having a medical marijuana card affect possible job opportunities in the future?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Palos Verdes Estates, CA

I'm 18 years old and I have my medical marijuana card in CA. I'm going off to college and I'm thinking of possible occupations I may want in the future. I hear many mixed things from different people as to if employers can see history of medical marijuana cards. I hear that most regular jobs cannot see the past use, however I hear that government jobs and some specialized jobs sometimes can. Can someone please clarify? Also, is there a way to hide this history or get it cleared off my record?

Thanks!

1. Robert D Finkle

Answered . Your doctor's recommendation is a confidential medical record that cannot be disclosed without your permission. However, there are many jobs that require extensive background checks, including many with the Federal government, that may require you to disclose whether you've used marijuana. Getting a recommendation doesn't necessarily mean that you actually acquired and used marijuana.

Will a medical marijuana card affect possible job opportunities? The simple answer is It depends on the job qualifications and the employers.

Feel free to call if you want to talk about it.

Best,
    Robert
    (510) 730-0286