Will the government Shutdown affect GreenCard Processing, (EB3)??

Orlando, FL |

I filled the I-485, I-765 and I-131 today, under the EB3, (my numbers are current). My question is, now that the Government is "shutdown", does that mean USCIS is not going to work on my case right away? I have to wait longer??? Please help, am very concerned. Thanks.

US CIS is a fee-based agency ... they are not shutdown.

So, even though they charge outrageous fees ... it is those very same fees that keep the 'wheels of justice' turning!

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

CIS which adjudicates visa petitions and adjustment of status applications is funded principal through user fees and thus is not affected by the budget. The process should continue uninterrupted.

USCIS will continue its operations, but there will likely be a slowdown in adjudications as some support staff may be furloughed.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

USCIS is still going to operate because their work is funded by fees. USDOL and USDOS are a different story.

Heather L. Garvock Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: heather.garvock@ellisporter.com For more information about current issues and developments in immigration law, visit my blog: www.miimmigrationnews.com The information I provide on my blog and Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship.

In the short term probably but not in the long term.

Recommended articles about Immigration