Will the government Shutdown affect GreenCard Processing, (EB3)??

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I filled the I-485, I-765 and I-131 today, under the EB3, (my numbers are current). My question is, now that the Government is "shutdown", does that mean USCIS is not going to work on my case right away? I have to wait longer??? Please help, am very concerned. Thanks.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . US CIS is a fee-based agency ... they are not shutdown.

So, even though they charge outrageous fees ... it is those very same fees that keep the 'wheels of justice' turning!

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . CIS which adjudicates visa petitions and adjustment of status applications is funded principal through user fees and thus is not affected by the budget. The process should continue uninterrupted.

3. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

3

Answered . USCIS will continue its operations, but there will likely be a slowdown in adjudications as some support staff may be furloughed.

4. Heather Louise Garvock

Pro

3

Answered . USCIS is still going to operate because their work is funded by fees. USDOL and USDOS are a different story.

5. Harry Asatrian

Answered . In the short term probably but not in the long term.