Will the dui show up on a fbi background check?

Asked 10 months ago - Westminster, CA

I got a dui in 2011, it was expunged. i live in california. i was just wondering if i go to the police station to get a background check whether the dui will show up. i am applying for a teaching position in korea and they want an fbi backgound check.

1. Michael Jon Fremont

Pro

8

Answered . Yes

2. Hudson Thomas Bair

Pro

8

Answered . Most likely, the relief provided from expungement doesn't remove it from your criminal record, it allows you to claim you have never been convicted (in most forums) but doesn't "seal" it when applying for government issued licenses and other exceptions.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

7

Answered . It will likely show up on the criminal history as dismissed pursuant to CA Penal Code 1203.4

4. Daniel C Grupenhagen

6

Answered . I'm not sure why you would go to the Police station to get a background check. If you are referring to a police report of the incident, it will exist there until they purge their records. If you want to know what exists in your official criminal record, or rap sheet, contact the DOJ online and request a livescan. They will send you a copy. They are the official custodian of that record and it is available to you.

5. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

5

Answered . Yes

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
One or more answers have been taken down.