Will the dui show up on a fbi background check?

Westminster, CA |

I got a dui in 2011, it was expunged. i live in california. i was just wondering if i go to the police station to get a background check whether the dui will show up. i am applying for a teaching position in korea and they want an fbi backgound check.

It will likely show up on the criminal history as dismissed pursuant to CA Penal Code 1203.4

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Yes

Most likely, the relief provided from expungement doesn't remove it from your criminal record, it allows you to claim you have never been convicted (in most forums) but doesn't "seal" it when applying for government issued licenses and other exceptions.

Yes

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

I'm not sure why you would go to the Police station to get a background check. If you are referring to a police report of the incident, it will exist there until they purge their records. If you want to know what exists in your official criminal record, or rap sheet, contact the DOJ online and request a livescan. They will send you a copy. They are the official custodian of that record and it is available to you.

Contributions on AVVO.com in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.