Will the details of the criminal charge come up and be disclose on a background check ? This is a adjourned case for dismissal

I was arrested for possessing small amounts of marijuana . I was dismissed and now I am on CAD for the next year . I will need to go through the background check , and I am wondering if it will state what was the charge .

Flushing, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

During the 1 year adjournment period of a marijuana ACD the case will show up on a background check. You can try to get the case dismissed and sealed sooner - this requires re-opening the case to make an application to the Judge. Some judges will do this. It is best to have a lawyer so you don't get the run around from the Clerks, who may tell it can't be done.

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Criminal Defense Attorney - Garden City, NY

It will for the 1 year period.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

Maryam Jahedi

Maryam Jahedi

It will state what the charges were on a background check until the case is actually dismissed. If you have the ACD for a year, then it will show up until the case is dismissed in your favour. (After the one year is up)

Related Advice