Skip to main content

Will the department of education notify me that my taxes will be offset before I file my taxes

Roca, NE |
Filed under: Tax law

after I filed my taxes I recieved a note from the IRS saying the Dept. Of Educ. issued an offset for my taxes and took my refund.

Attorney Answers 2


I am not aware of any legal obligation that the US DOE inform you in advance. Hope this perspective helps!

Mark as helpful


I would request information on the offset. We are happy to offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.

Mark as helpful

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics