Will the courthouse give us an accounting of my mother's estate if the executor is not communicating with me?

Reading, PA |

settlement march 6th

date of death 12-16-12

my sister is executor of the will and has not given us copy of the will or any accounting of the estate: bills, accounts, etc.

If you are an interested party you can motion the court to compel the executor to provide you with accountings.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

As Mr. Whalen noted: it is the executor and not the "court" that completes the accounting so the executor would have to do it and submit it in order for it to be in a file. A beneficiary can compel an executor to provide an accounting if it is not done or not done satisfactorily.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website:

She won't provide anything, saying legally she just has to let us know if we inherited anything. She is not open about the accounting of the estate, is there a time frame in which she has to let us know? Thank you, you have been very helpful.

Recommended articles about Family law