Will the court make me drop at my first hearing for a possession of marijuana charge?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Adrian, MI

I have no criminal record and I'm 19.

1. Scott Christopher Kozak

1

Answered . Remember that while on bond for any criminal matter, the court may require testing as a condition of your bond and may indeed test you at your pretrial date. Although it depends on your particular judge, many judges will ask you the date of your last use and/or whether you will test positive. Best to be truthful. If you indicate you are negative, the judge may order the test anyway. If you lied, he/she could revoke your bond and have you reside in the county jail while the case is pending.

2. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

Answered . If you are continuting to use after being charged with a criminal offense, you need to seek counseling for your very serious drug problem. You can also start attending NA. If the Lenawee courts can figure out a way to test you, they will. Rely on your attorney, get clean, and stay clean.

3. Jorge Luis Rodriguez

1

Answered . No, not unless you admit guilt or start a pretrial diversion program that day. However since your question really appears to be that you have a possession of marijuana case and you are still using marijuana and want to know how that will affect you since you are 19 and have no criminal record, the answer is that if you stop now, you have a much better chance of staying out of trouble and that the impact on your record and your future from this case will be minimal.