Will the court extend my deferred judgement due date?

Asked 9 months ago - Aurora, CO

I was supposed to attend a petty theft class but wasn't able to due to a personal situation. My deferred judgement due date is coming up soon (the 24th of October), and another class will probably not be open for another month, maybe a week or two after the 24th. I'm almost finished with my community service (another thing I was signed up to do) so I'm not worried. I'm going to go to court first thing on Monday to ask the probation office (I'm not on probation, but I got my community service & class handouts from there) if I am allowed an extension. WILL THEY ALLOW THE EXTENSION OR NOT? What happens if the extension is not allowed and the due date is here?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . This is not the biggest headache in the world. Talk to your PO TODAY and ask what you can do to make this right. They will have a solution. There is a class available every day in metro Denver that will most likely meet your needs.

It is not a matter of extending the deferred judgment. You can solve this problem. Stop putting things off!!

2. Charles Patrick Greenwood

1

Answered . Technically a deferred sentence can only be extended for 90 day for the payment of fines only. However, the court can set out a review date for the revocation of your deferred sentence to allow you more time to complete your requirements. If you show up to court with an appointment for the theft class already made, then you'll be just fine.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

Answered . Talk with your PO about giving you extra time to complete the theft class. The probation department has 30 days passed the tie of your deferred judgment due date to file a motion to revoke your deferred judgment.