Will the child support be increased?

My child's father pays child support and we are going back for a redetermination hearing soon since we haven't gone in four years. I no longer work, I am a stay at home mom and started a new family with my significant other. Will I get an increase even though I no longer work? My child's father seems to think I'll get in trouble for not working.

Pottstown, PA -

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Family Law Attorney - Framingham, MA

I am sorry that you are going through this. The court may or may not increase it, alot depends upon a material change in circumstances, need and they may consider your ability to work. Take care and hope that things work out.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Child Support Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Speak to a local family court lawyer for a consultation.

Related Advice