Will the child support be increased?

My child's father pays child support and we are going back for a redetermination hearing soon since we haven't gone in four years. I no longer work, I am a stay at home mom and started a new family with my significant other. Will I get an increase even though I no longer work? My child's father seems to think I'll get in trouble for not working.

Pottstown, PA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Family Law Attorney - Framingham, MA

I am sorry that you are going through this. The court may or may not increase it, alot depends upon a material change in circumstances, need and they may consider your ability to work. Take care and hope that things work out.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Child Support Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Speak to a local family court lawyer for a consultation.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.