Will the child support be increased?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pottstown, PA

My child's father pays child support and we are going back for a redetermination hearing soon since we haven't gone in four years. I no longer work, I am a stay at home mom and started a new family with my significant other. Will I get an increase even though I no longer work? My child's father seems to think I'll get in trouble for not working.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

1

9

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this. The court may or may not increase it, alot depends upon a material change in circumstances, need and they may consider your ability to work. Take care and hope that things work out.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . Speak to a local family court lawyer for a consultation.