Will the case filed by my company in the court of Virginia as per the agreement signed

Asked about 1 year ago - Norristown, PA

Hi,
I have posted earlier about my H1b agreement, in the agreement it states that If I leave my current employer for another better offer, I am considered to be breaching the agreement and I shall be liable to pay an amount of $25000.
As per agreement:
choice of forum:
The Parties submit to the jurisdiction and venue of either (1) the Circuit court for the county of the Fairfax, state of virginia or, if original jurisdiction can be established, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia or
(2) any court of competent jurisdiction for equitable and injunctive or breach of this agreement. The parties stipulate that the venues referenced in this agreement are convenient.

As my company and my client headquarters are not Virginia, can my employer file the case in VA

And even if they file the Case in the above mentioned courts.. will that be a valid case.

Is there a possibility that my employer drag me into this legal issue?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . Who knows? It is entirely up to the company to decide whether to file or not and if yes, when to file.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . It is for the company to decide whether they will file or not.