Will the ca dmv see a previous dui I got in IIllionois in which went on my wisconsin dmv.Since wi is not a interstate reporter.

Thousand Oaks, CA |

It was in dec 2005. I was arrested and charged with dui but they just found prescription pills in my blood and was outside the car when the police came and made arrest. I had a wi license and I know they are not a interstate reporting dmv state.
I just got a dui in thousand oaks 2 weeks ago and hope it is considered a first offense.

The easiest way to find out if the CA DMV knows is to go to a local field office and get a copy of your DMV printout. IF it does appear on your record though somehow it is missed by the prosecutor you are going to have a long term problem. If the DMV recognizes the prior and you settle for the case as a 1st DUI offense in court you may not be able to obtain your CA license again until you complete the SB38 (2nd offender) alcohol program. You obviously need to have a qualified lawyer to help you through this maze. Good luck.

2. It may. Don't rely on the reporter. It more than likely will show up on any prior arrests records for the court. Hire an attorney ASAP

3. Ventura County will find out about it when the DA's Office runs your FBI record. They will make it a second offense DUI.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

4. Yes based upon my experience, CA will find out about the IL DUI if they check the national registry. In addition both CA and IL are compact states.

5. The Ventura County District Attorney will file your current offense as a second DUI if they find and recognize the out of state prior. As a former deputy DA in Ventura County, I am very familiar with the policies and procedures they use in filing cases. Ventura is among the strictest counties in the state on DUIs. I strongly suggest that you consult with an attorney who focuses on Ventura DUI cases. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsem

6. maybe the conviction may appear on the NCIC screen which shows convictions

DUI court topics