Will the A Misdemeanor keep me from getting a job?

Gary, IN |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was issued warrant for my arrest on saturday and on Sunday I went and turned myself in with the bails bondsman and was bonded roght out. I have only been to one court date and I pled not guilty to A Misdemeanor possesion of marijuana. I was offered a job and is pending the background check. does the open case show up on my background check?

Nobody can answer your question because we would have no idea what database they are accessing. The arrest will show up in the NCIC database. You may qualify for pre-trial diversion which will avoid a conviction. Contact the Prosecutor's office first. If they say no, hire a criminal defense attorney.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:

I agree. What shows up depends on which records are searched. Right now you have a pending case, for which you have been charged and arrested. You have not been convicted. Pay attention to what your applications ask. If you have a clean record, you may be able to avoid a conviction. If the prosecutor is not willing to talk to you, which is a common occurrence, contact a local attorney to help you with this. Good luck.