Will the A Misdemeanor keep me from getting a job?

Asked over 1 year ago - Gary, IN

I was issued warrant for my arrest on saturday and on Sunday I went and turned myself in with the bails bondsman and was bonded roght out. I have only been to one court date and I pled not guilty to A Misdemeanor possesion of marijuana. I was offered a job and is pending the background check. does the open case show up on my background check?

1. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

2

Answered . Nobody can answer your question because we would have no idea what database they are accessing. The arrest will show up in the NCIC database. You may qualify for pre-trial diversion which will avoid a conviction. Contact the Prosecutor's office first. If they say no, hire a criminal defense attorney.

2. Joseph Michael Roberts

1

Answered . I agree. What shows up depends on which records are searched. Right now you have a pending case, for which you have been charged and arrested. You have not been convicted. Pay attention to what your applications ask. If you have a clean record, you may be able to avoid a conviction. If the prosecutor is not willing to talk to you, which is a common occurrence, contact a local attorney to help you with this. Good luck.