Will the 'shut-down' of the government delay the processing of my travel document, and my wife's derivative asylum application?

New York, NY |

I have done the biometrics for my travel documents, approximately 2 weeks before the U.S government shutdown, and I'm currently waiting for the approval to be issued. Will the shutdown delay the process? I have also applied for i-730 for my wife - her case is in the initial stages of acceptance. Will the shutdown also delay her case from being approved?

USCIS, which is fee-funded, has indicated most operations will continue as normal. In practice, there may be somewhat of a slowdown in processing times.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

No USCIS is not shutdown

No. USCIS is fully operational.