Will tarrant county come get me from travis county on a class a midemeanor?

Austin, TX |

i want to renew my drivers license but i have a warrant out of tarrant county for a class a misdemeanor.

1. Yes. If you have an active warrant and you go to renew your driver's license you will be arrested. Tarrant County will have 10 days to come get you. It would be better to fix the Tarrant County warrant first.

Www.Austincriminaldefenseattorney.Com
    Austin Jail Release Lawyer
    512-495-1813

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. Yes, it is highly likely. I agree with Mr. Jones in that you should handle the Tarrant County warrant first. Good luck!

817-877-3333

3. I agree with the first two attorneys. You would be arrested, and the best you could hope for would be to sit in Travis County jail for ten days until Tarrant County decides, even if they don't come get you. And, the charge would not necessarily be dropped.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com

4. I agree with the earlier posts. If you have an active warrant and try to renew your license, they will arrest you and you will have to wait 10 days before they will transfer you to Tarrant County to take care of your case up there. If you do get arrested in Travis County, you may be able to post bond either through a bail bondsman or attorney assisted PR bond to take care of your Tarrant County case. Best advice would be to take care of your warrant first and then renew your license. Best of Luck!