Will tarrant county come get me from travis county on a class a midemeanor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

i want to renew my drivers license but i have a warrant out of tarrant county for a class a misdemeanor.

1. Richard Timothy Jones

4

Answered . Yes. If you have an active warrant and you go to renew your driver's license you will be arrested. Tarrant County will have 10 days to come get you. It would be better to fix the Tarrant County warrant first.

Www.Austincriminaldefenseattorney.Com
    Austin Jail Release Lawyer
    512-495-1813

2. Kimberly F. Minick

3

Answered . Yes, it is highly likely. I agree with Mr. Jones in that you should handle the Tarrant County warrant first. Good luck!

817-877-3333

3. David N. Smith

1

Answered . I agree with the first two attorneys. You would be arrested, and the best you could hope for would be to sit in Travis County jail for ten days until Tarrant County decides, even if they don't come get you. And, the charge would not necessarily be dropped.

4. Diana Elizabeth Buss

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the earlier posts. If you have an active warrant and try to renew your license, they will arrest you and you will have to wait 10 days before they will transfer you to Tarrant County to take care of your case up there. If you do get arrested in Travis County, you may be able to post bond either through a bail bondsman or attorney assisted PR bond to take care of your Tarrant County case. Best advice would be to take care of your warrant first and then renew your license. Best of Luck!