Will sis be affected due to monies received due to a death in a car accident

Yonkers, NY |

my son was tragically killed in a car accident driven by my brother in law will monies i receive due to his death affect my sis benefits , Ty

There is simply not enough information here to say one way or the other. On the other hand, there is probably too much information needed to make a posting here practical. I suggest you contact an attorney in your area, preferably one familiar with personal injury matters or special needs trusts. Assuming you had an attorney handling your late son's claim, he/she should be able to answer your question.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

Sorry to hear of your loss. You should consult with an experienced lawyer to discuss your situation. The amount of money recovered on behalf of your son's estate will depend on the amount of insurance the various vehicles had, the amount of supplemental underinsurance and uninsurance if applicable that vehicles in your son's household had, the liability (how the vehicles were responsible), the number of individuals injured in each vehicle and if there was sufficient coverage. Your sister's benefits may be effected, however more information is needed to give an informed opinion. Feel free to call an attorney of your choosing to discuss the matter in depth. Most personal injury lawyers give free consultations.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

If you're talking about SSI benefits, they may be affected depending on how much money you recover individually, but talk to a personal injury lawyer near you for more info. Good luck and sorry for your loss.

You should really contact a local attorney for help with this. i am so sorry t hear of your tragic loss.

What are "sis" benefits?

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson

SSI?