Will one year requirement for asylee to apply for adjustment be reset and recount if asylee travel with refugee travel document?

Irvine, CA |

my wife came US EWI, she was granted asylum in 02/13. Can she apply for refugee travel document to travel aboard? she needs wait for one year to apply adjustment on 02/14. if she travels with RTD abroad for one month and back to US in 07/13, will the one year requirement for AOS be reset? meaning she will not be able to apply for adjustment until 07/14? or just delay one month to 03/14? thanks

No. You may have other problems if you overdo the traveling.

www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Sorry to ask again. I consulted with a local lawyer, he said the one year requirement get reset every time you travel outside us. I just want to make sure what he said is true or not.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I think you consulted a corporate attorney, not an immigration one.

Recommended articles about Immigration