Will offering to pay out of pocket, and getting a quote from a collision repair affect my case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Gilbert, AZ

I was involved in a minor accident and my insurance was already through the roof expensive. I was unsure of who was at fault. There was minor damage to the other car and none to mine. So I offered to pay if it was under my deductible and we took it to collision repair place to get a quote. It turned out to be about 1,000 dollars of damage. My deductible is under that. So i told her to just go through my insurance. After researching, it could go both ways in terms of fault. She ended up filing a claim against me and I'm curious if doing what I did (getting a quote) will affect the way things turns out.

Pro

4

Answered . The quote doesn't make much difference. An adjuster will put a number on it.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. James R. Andrews II

Pro

2

Answered . It will not determine the amount of the damages that she suffered or could be awarded.

3. Kevin Coluccio

2

Answered . No, it will not effect how things turn out.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now