Will my son be deported if immigration picked him up and now he is at the altadento facility?

in custody release to immigration and they picked him up this morning. he said he has court next week to see the immigration judge but does this mean he will be deported or do they send all inmates with an ice hold there? please help im afraid

Sounds like they want to. If he wants to fight they won't right away. The first hearing is called a "master calendar" which is a status hearing. Get him a lawyer if you can.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations.

you need to retain an attorney now. the attorney will determine whether your son has what called relief from removal and how to best help your son not be deported if it is at all possible

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Whether or not he will be deported depends on his options for relief. It is most important that he have an immigration attorney come see him soon -- you want an immigration attorney in the Los angeles area who is skilled in deportation cases.. Make sure he knows not to sign any papers without first having them reviewed by counsel and knowing all his options. It is important he be 100% truthful with his counsel.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

You need to hire an immigration attorney ASAP. This is very serious and yes he could be deported.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

It means ICE wants to deport him, that is why he is in proceedings. Hire an attorney for him immediately.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Education law topics