Will my social security get affected?

Asked 7 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hello, My wife and I just got denied for green card application. Will my work authorization and social security be revoked? :'(

1. Pius Joseph

Pro

3

Answered . Yes the work authorization will be revoked,but depending on the reasons for denial,you may appeal or otherwise seek relief and if immigration benefits are granted again,you will be fine.

2. Malosack Berjis

3

Answered . The contents of your post do not raise any "Personal Injury" issues. I've edited the practice area to " Immigration," so that it can be viewed by attorneys who practice in that area.

3. D K Kevin Dugan

3

Answered . It depends on the basis for your work authorization. Check with an Immigration attorney.

The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice.
  4. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

2

Answered . Assuming they depend on your wife's status, yes, they will be revoked. If you possess an independent basis for the EAD, it would not be revoked. However, in any event, you should discuss the reason for the denial of your wife's green card with an immigration attorney because an attorney may be able to appeal or refile.