Will my social security get affected?

Hello, My wife and I just got denied for green card application. Will my work authorization and social security be revoked? :'(

1. It depends on the basis for your work authorization. Check with an Immigration attorney.

The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice.

2. Yes the work authorization will be revoked,but depending on the reasons for denial,you may appeal or otherwise seek relief and if immigration benefits are granted again,you will be fine.

3. The contents of your post do not raise any "Personal Injury" issues. I've edited the practice area to " Immigration," so that it can be viewed by attorneys who practice in that area.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

4. Assuming they depend on your wife's status, yes, they will be revoked. If you possess an independent basis for the EAD, it would not be revoked. However, in any event, you should discuss the reason for the denial of your wife's green card with an immigration attorney because an attorney may be able to appeal or refile.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Social security topics