Will my sealed record come back to haunt me?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Wood River, IL

I was young and stupid, I stole something and got arrested. I'm kind of glad it happened because it got my life in line. I'm about to graduate from college with honors and top 15% of my class. I'm about to enter the work force and I'm just curious as to if it will affect my job search. I was arrested at 16 I am now 22

1. 1

Answered . Without more information, it not possible to answer your question. You should probably consult with a local criminal defense attorney who will be able to ascertain the nature of the charges, the disposition, your age at that time, etc. Good luck to you and congratulations on your admitable turnaround.

2. 1

Answered . If it has been sealed, it should not be available to anyone outside of law enforcement.

3. Answered . A sealed (not expunged record) should remain sealed for the purposes of employment background checks, thus you should be fine. To make sure, please bring any relevant documents to a criminal defense attorney for a closer analysis.