Will my record here in California be effective in oklahoma? I just got charged with 2 count of distribution of cds.

Asked about 1 year ago - Fontana, CA

I have a record here in California an am currently on probation. Will this violate my probation? I got charged with distribution of controlled substances and have a bench warrant from Oklahoma, I live here in California. Will they come to my door here and pick me up? I heard a attorney can represent your behalf without actually going to court. I'm just a wholesaler that got charged with the distribution of synthetics (k2 products), we never assumed that our products,would be illegal.

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

4

Answered . An attorney can appear for you in misdemeanor matters but in a felony case (which this appears to be) he generally cannot. If you are on probation in CA and picked up a new trafficking charge in OK you will eventually be picked up in CA for violation of your probation. At that point OK may seek extradition on the new charge when CA is done with you.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now