Will my parking citation be dismissed?

Filed under: Parking tickets

I received a ciation from the city of Los Angeles parking violation. Which claims I was in violation of section LAMC 80.69BS NO PARK/STREET CLEAN and the officer added as a comment that sign posted no parking . So I looked around for the sign and indeed it was there but it was vandalized which made the sign unreadable could this be a reasonable argument to get my citation dismissed .

Yes. Be sure to obtain a close up picture of the sign, and then slowly moving back establish the location of the sign so that it relates to where you were cited. The citation will typically refer to address some make sure to eventually tie that address to your citation and how to sign relates to that address.

A proper response would require a thorough investigation into the history and background of this relationship. The information provided above is just that, information, to be used as you see fit.

It can be. I would add to Mr. Fitch's good answer that you should not be the one taking the pictures. Have someone else take the pictures and see if you can put a date stamp on the photos so the court knows there are not from six years ago. The photographer should come to court with you to authenticate the photographs that you will show the judge. The photographer can be your spouse or a friend. The person will need to be able to say that the photographs are an accurate representation of the sign and the area where you parked at or about the date of the citation. Good luck.

I agree. Have a friend take the photos and try your best to establish an address or landmark that can identify the location of the photo.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets