Will my NJ license be suspended, if I receive a DUI in PA, but successfully complete ARD in PA?

Norristown, PA |

I have a NJ license and received a DUI in PA last year. I have been accepted into the ARD program in PA. I live in PA and I had a couple issues trying to transfer my NJ license to PA. Will NJ suspend my license and give me all the programs, fines to complete as if I got a DUI in NJ?

I would contact a DUI attorney in New Jersey to find out what the implications would be of ARD in Pennsylvania.

Mr. Cooper is an outstanding DUI attorney and his firm has offices in both PA and NJ. Call him. He and other members of his firm have successfully defended several people I've referred over the years and can absolutely help you make the best out of your situation.

I am only licensed in the State of West Virginia. Comments offered in my answers are intended strictly for the purpose of sharing ideas that person asking a question may want to consider. Legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your state and offered in the context of the attorney client relationship. No attorney-client relationship is offered or created by my answering this question.

The NJ DMV can only act on a conviction. If this is your 1st DUI and you are eligible for ARD, consider it a gift and take it. If you meet all requirements, the DUI is dismissed without you ever entering a plea. NJ really has no legal basis to act against you and your insurance rates will remain unchanged. That said if you were accepted into ARD you should also have an attorney and really need to ask him this question to be certain, best of luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

New jersey does not suspend for a PA ARD because they do not have a similar type of first time offender's program

Ellis Klein, Esquire

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets