Will my motions ever get approved for early reinstatement of drivers license even though my license was revoked for 3 years

Asked over 2 years ago - Manchester, NH

2 DWI's in less than 2 years
all aftercare paid in full
same judge for both cases
1st motion was denied
filing motions myself

1. Donald L. Blaszka Jr.

3

Answered . In NH, the minimum mandatory loss of license for a DWI, 2nd offense is 3 years. Therefore, if the court revoked your driver's license for 3 years, you do not have a right to early reinstatement. You must wait until the full 3 years is up, pay the reinstatement fee, obtain an SR-22 insurance certificate and have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle prior to the NH DMV reinstating your ddriver's license.

2. Russell Stephen Pietryga

Pro

3

Answered . Most states have a driver license division that dictates the length of driver license suspensions, revocations and denials. Usually, the court simply sends notice to the driver license division that you were convicted of a DUI on a certain day. The driver license division is the entity that determines the suspension periods.

That said, from time to time, the court may add an additional amount of time to a person's suspension period. So, because the court did not order the suspension, they cannot make an order reducing the suspension period.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.