Skip to main content

Will my motions ever get approved for early reinstatement of drivers license even though my license was revoked for 3 years

Manchester, NH |

2 DWI's in less than 2 years
all aftercare paid in full
same judge for both cases
1st motion was denied
filing motions myself

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Most states have a driver license division that dictates the length of driver license suspensions, revocations and denials. Usually, the court simply sends notice to the driver license division that you were convicted of a DUI on a certain day. The driver license division is the entity that determines the suspension periods.

    That said, from time to time, the court may add an additional amount of time to a person's suspension period. So, because the court did not order the suspension, they cannot make an order reducing the suspension period.

    Hope this helps.

    Hope this helps.

  2. In NH, the minimum mandatory loss of license for a DWI, 2nd offense is 3 years. Therefore, if the court revoked your driver's license for 3 years, you do not have a right to early reinstatement. You must wait until the full 3 years is up, pay the reinstatement fee, obtain an SR-22 insurance certificate and have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle prior to the NH DMV reinstating your ddriver's license.

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics